Coconut ice is a great no bake treat, that looks amazing, tastes delicious and is incredibly simple to make. This coconut requires just four ingredients and will last 4-5 days in an air tight container in the fridge. Although coconut ice can be a little on the rich side, it’s a great treat to make when you have friends or family coming over as this recipe makes so many servings and you only need a few pieces to fix your sweet craving. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Coconut Ice
- 4 cups (350g) Desiccated Coconut
- 2 cups (250g) Icing Sugar
- 395g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-2 drops Pink Food Colouring
- In a large bowl combine your desiccated coconut and icing sugar together. Then stir in the condensed milk.
- Mix until well combined (I normally just use clean hands or gloves) then divide the mixture evenly into two bowls.
- Line your chosen baking tin with baking paper. Then add in one of the white mixtures and spread it out evenly with the back of a spatula or clean hand/gloves.
- With the remaining white mixture add a few drops of pink food colouring and mix until all the food colouring is combined and you are left with a nice pink colour (I suggest using gloves or a spatula so the food colouring wont stain your hand).
- Then add your pink mixture on top of your white layer and spread it out evenly with the back of a spatula.
- Once the pink layer is evenly spread out, sprinkle some left over coconut on top (this is optional).
- Then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Once it has set in the fridge, remove from the baking tin and slice. Then enjoy!