This BLT (Bacon, Rocket and Tomato in this case) Pasta salad is such a good dinner if you are short on time. The sauce is incredibly simple to make and can be made with ingredients you already have in the pantry or fridge. To make this dish all you have to do is cook the pasta, make a quick sauce, cook some bacon, chop some veggies and mix everything together. This pasta salad tastes delicious and is quickly becoming one of my go to weekly meals.
Serving Size + Reheating Options.
This recipe will serve four people. To serve two, simply half the amount of pasta and half the sauce ingredients. This recipe is best eaten served warm; I wouldn’t recommend eating it the next day as in my opinion this gluten free pasta is best eaten when first cooked.
Dairy Free option:
You can swap out the whole egg SW Mayonnaise for the SW Vegan Mayonnaise which is free from dairy (available here). The San Remo Gluten Free Spiral Pasta that I used above is also dairy free.
Veggie + Vegan option:
Instead of using whole egg mayonnaise you could us the SW Vegan Mayonnaise which is free from dairy, eggs, gluten and soy (available here). The San Remo Gluten Free Spiral Pasta that I have used above is also vegan and can be found here. You can also substitute bacon for coconut bacon and use a sweet chilli that doesn’t have honey as an ingredient.
If you would like to see just how simple this meal is to put together, I have saved an Insta Story showing me making this dish over on my instagram here just click on the BLT Pasta Salad Insta story highlight. If you get the chance to make this dish, I would love to know what you think!
- San Remo Gluten Free Spirals Pasta 350g
- 6 x Short Cut bacon pieces
- 6 x Truss or Cherry Tomatoes
- 60g Fresh Rocket
- 1 cup SW Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 1.5 teaspoons ground Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoons Trident Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Fry the six pieces of bacon until cooked, then set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil. When boiling cook the pasta per the instructions on the back of the pack.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop up the pre-cooked bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Then wash the tomatoes and rocket. Finely chop the tomato and roughly break up the rocket into bite sized pieces. Set aside and start on the sauce.
- In a medium sized bowl, measure out the mayonnaise, paprika, olive oil and sweet chilli sauce.
- Then gently whisk until everything has been mixed together. Set aside until the pasta is cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta. Then place the pasta into a large mixing bowl or serving dish.
- Then add the rocket, tomato, bacon and sauce, mixing until everything has been combined.
- Once the pasta has been evenly coated you can serve with some more fresh rocket on top.